Labels

Adventures (1) Farm Life (8) Food (3) Literature (2) Music (1) Politics (3) Ramblings (10) who i am (9)

Friday, August 7, 2009

Blogging...

for some reason it just captivates me. I have been reading "Atop an Underwood", a collection of the early works of Jack Kerouac. He was a locally published writer at the age of 13! He reported on sports as well as creating his own zines with fantasy sports leagues. Reading how a boy becomes a man through so many different stories is truly amazing.

I don't recall if I have mentioned that I want to write a book. It's difficult, since I want to write about my life experiences. As much as I would love to have a book out tomorrow, I simply have not yet lived enough to finish.

It's odd though how Blogging has given anyone the chance to essentially publish their story. In a way its like exploiting yourself.I get many ideas here and there or come up with the perfect combination of words for a single sentence. Rather than impulsively publish on a blog I hope to write and save everything so that when the time comes I don't have to recycle any of my own material. I want every part to be unread and completely new to whoever picks up the hardback.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, I didn't make some big public scene out of it--- I didn't really want to brag to the world about my stupidity and un-gracefulness.

    (OH MY WORD. My niece is having the BIGGEST tantrum in the other room!!)

    I didn't really text anyone about it unless they had heard from another staff at camp and were asking. I know, lame.

    ReplyDelete