Labels

Adventures (1) Farm Life (8) Food (3) Literature (2) Music (1) Politics (3) Ramblings (10) who i am (9)

Monday, August 31, 2009

Sipping tea...

You know I can't tell you the last time I sat at my computer in the evening and drank some earl gray while listening to Brand New. I'm guessing that there was freezing rain and I was still single. Not that not being single has anything to do with my inability to "Veg" and do what i want to do, merely a reference of time.

The last couple of weeks I have really been trying to turn everything down. Not rejection, just trying to enjoy every sound I can at a level that is not damaging. I love sounds of everything but I am a sucker for words. Make anything poetic or abstract and I can't resist, especially when coupled with a good tune. (Play Crack the Sky-Brand New) "Calm rows they travel fast and alone, one hundred foot faces of God's good ocean gone wrong. They call love is a risk to always get hit out of nowhere by some wave and end up on your own. They hole in the hull defied the crews attempt to bail us out. Flooded the engines and radio..."

Its funny how one song means something different each time you listen to it. But that album is always the same song bleeding into the next reminding you of the first time you really felt the music. And its entirely unconscious. It's by far one of the best feelings.

Yours Truly,
Goose.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment