Labels

Adventures (1) Farm Life (8) Food (3) Literature (2) Music (1) Politics (3) Ramblings (10) who i am (9)

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Best thing so far this summer...




My half sister came up to visit this summer while her mom relocates everything to Ukiah, California. Its been fun having her around and her getting to experience the farm life since she has lived in Houston practically her whole life.

My plan was to take the girls camping and I have heard so much amazing stuff about Silver Falls. I got online to try and book a tent site, but no luck. They are full until after August which is when she leaves. Bummer right? Bee suggested we take her and my other rival sister Jordan hiking. Its cheap so it fits into my budget well and we hiked the whole Canyon Trail on Monday.

By far it is the best thing I have done this summer. No joke. I figured it would suck major since I was taking an 11 year old and a 14 year old. I was so impressed with their upbeat attitude about all 8.7 miles. They did fantastic, no complaints until the last half mile. I think hiking is something I'm going to continue to pursue.




BTW: I had no idea how long it takes a video to upload on this...urgh. Still waiting...DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment