Labels

Adventures (1) Farm Life (8) Food (3) Literature (2) Music (1) Politics (3) Ramblings (10) who i am (9)

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Introduction

Eighteen year old sophmore at Oregon State, majoring in Animal Sciences with a beef option. I like long walks on the beach and reading fiction. haha. just kidding.
I do actually love reading fiction. I am currently reading a novel; Jack Kerouac's On the Road. I'll let ya know how it turns out. I have been so busy this summer that I haven't opened a book since June 1! That's incredibly awesome since I'm not in classes, but at the same time it really blows. Reading is a great way to relax I think, it really helps take my mind off things.

I don't really know how I would describe myself. I used to think of myself as a rebel, but more and more I am discovering how plain Jane I really am. I'm the girl that used to wear dickies, beaters, and hi-tops everyday. Now I'm the girl in jeans, a nice blouse, and a pair of flats...that is if I'm not covered in mud and sweat from a long day's work on the farm. Its kinda funny how a girl born in Liberty, New York and after living in Houston for 7 years decides to go to college to be a farmer. Its a good way to go I think.

This kind of lifestyle really makes me feel connected to my family that has passed. My grandparents lived a sustainable life in the Catskills(northern part of the Appalachian Mts. kinda like the Cascades of New York) and I never really got a chance to know them. Now my mom teaches me some of the things they taught her. And despite how much my little sister and I fight, it gives us a chance to work together on some things and prove to Mom that we don't always want to kill each other.

More Later.

-Goose

1 comment:

  1. "On The Road" is fantastic! I actually finished it not that long ago... Kerouac and Cassady (Moriarty) were crazy, but hilarious! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete