Labels

Adventures (1) Farm Life (8) Food (3) Literature (2) Music (1) Politics (3) Ramblings (10) who i am (9)

Friday, February 5, 2010

75 Things/Memories That Make Me Happy

I have heard about writing lists like this one and hear that they are very beneficial:
  1. Moshing at an alt. rock concert, letting loose in the mass of people and feeling every part of the song.
  2. Looking in on old friends and seeing their happiness
  3. Flamin Hot Cheetos with Lime
  4. Quoting Taking Back Sunday or Brand New
  5. making lists
  6. falling asleep typing
  7. making a feeble attempt at writing a book
  8. an old jewelery box of my Grandmother's that I have yet to refurbish(the finish nails that hold the back on don't anymore)
  9. customized calf-high converse
  10. having tons of pillows
  11. and stuffed animals, preferably those that you pay high prices for that go towards breast cancer or other good causes, they're plushy
  12. home made teryaki burgers
  13. my triad necklace, it's a celtic knot
  14. Voodoo Donut
  15. getting pizza out of Dante's back door-a very 'sketchy' strip joint in Portland
  16. my car breaking down on the side of the road right after leaving Enchanted Forest and on the way to Sonic, LAME but good friends made it a not-so-horrible experience
  17. "See the months they don't matter, it's the days I can't take. When hours move to minutes and I'm seconds away" -Taking Back Sunday
  18. Bee
  19. The vision of becoming an income producing-self sustaining-environmentally conscious farmer. I'll make it happen.
  20. driving The Beast
  21. "I'll never ask permission from you. Fuck off, I'm not listening to you. " Blink 182
  22. Sleeping with the fan always on
  23. Grandmother spraying the embroidered rose on my Easter dress with perfume because I was a big girl
  24. Showing cows
  25. Doodling aimlessly when I can't find the words
  26. singing camp songs
  27. Having faith in life itself
  28. the color red
  29. red peacoats
  30. Keila White-Houston, Tx
  31. San Francisco baby
  32. The New Moon Soundtrack. I'm a tard, I know. It's pretty damn amazing though.
  33. Cooking! This leads to the next one:
  34. FOOD, I'm a foodie. Maybe someday I will become a food critique but until then I'll just eat lots and exercise I guess.
  35. Old fashioned, handwritten letters/notes. They're so lovely and rare to receive.
  36. Listening to the piano. I am challenged in the realm of musical instruments, but I adore them and those who have the skill.
  37. Triple rainbows. I've only ever seen it once; traveling from Houston to Corvallis. We were passing through Colorado, and on the rare occasion that I was awake in that navy blue dodge pickup I saw it.
  38. Never having to 'do' my hair in the morning. Pretty much never ever have I spent more than about five minutes on my hair, 4.5 of that brushing the knots out :/
  39. Surfing all the while thinking about the lyrics to Brand New's "Tautou"
  40. "I'm a satellite heart, lost in the dark. I'm spun out so far, you stop by stars. But I'll be true to you." -Anya Marina
  41. Eating frozen pizza, mango salsa, and sour patch kids on New Year's Eve of 2008.
  42. The one and only time I've been to Enchanted Forest.
  43. Red Bull in low quantities
  44. This super awesome round blue pillow that has been propping me up while I have been writing this whole damn thing.
  45. Choir regionals, 7th grade
  46. Looking up to Simone Cid, before she became a poor role model.
  47. Falling asleep listening to music.
  48. Seeing parts of the Redwood Forest
  49. Despising California's "Vista Points". Spanglish, really?
  50. Hiking at Silver Falls
  51. Taking care of horses with Tessycat
  52. Moccasins!
  53. Kissing in the rain.
  54. Chick flicks. I'm a sucker for them, Bee is too apparently :p
  55. Cuban Salsa with my hunny.
  56. Blogging
  57. Reading
  58. Jack Kerouac's "On The Road"
  59. Perks of Being a Wallflower
  60. Old farmhouses
  61. Willow trees
  62. The comfort of wearing Levis
  63. Thermal socks
  64. pulling weeds out of the garden
  65. harvesting vegetables
  66. foccacia bread sandwiches
  67. CHEESE!
  68. homemade soaps, lotions, and lip balms
  69. I am a tea fanatic. I just love it
  70. blueberry picking
  71. gleaning, Oregon's great for it.
  72. Alief FFA
  73. Cats and dogs are equally cool
  74. Riding the old logging road at CWW
  75. Political discussions with open-minded individuals
I was shooting for 100 things but it just got downright tiresome. I have been trying to think of things to add to this list without repeating stuff, but since it's day 3 I will post as is. I guess I ought to get a move on with that speech...

-Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment