Labels

Adventures (1) Farm Life (8) Food (3) Literature (2) Music (1) Politics (3) Ramblings (10) who i am (9)

Friday, February 5, 2010

Current Issue Informative Speech

I have a speech due and it's mandatory that I write out an outline so detailed and perfect that if I were to hand it over to someone they could deliver almost the same exact speech. Wha?! How is this supposed to work?

My speech is next Wednesday and I scheduled a meeting with my TA for Monday at 9am so that she can look over my outline. I don't even have a topic yet. I suppose I could go with my favorite topic: food!

There is so much I could say about food, but it's not about what I have to say. It's to inform about both sides of a subject. Food with controversy...the possibilities:

  • Organic vs nonorganic
  • local vs organic
  • hormone free meat products
  • free range chickens?
  • grain fed beef
  • pastured pork
  • antibiotics in meat products
Oh, the possibilities. I may go with grain fed beef simply because it's an issue that I care about, but I also care about it enough to present both sides of the issue accurately. Hopefully I can successfully pull that off. I have already written a paper about it so I can reference that and some of those sources.

Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment