Labels

Adventures (1) Farm Life (8) Food (3) Literature (2) Music (1) Politics (3) Ramblings (10) who i am (9)

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Oy.

Once again I have been neglecting this poor thing. There has just been so much going on that I actually have something to blog about.

For starters I am now gainfully employed as a student worker for the Department of Animals in the College of Ag. Sciences here at O. State. More specifically I assist a research assistant since their is too much work for just one person. I also tend to sheep on a regular basis, pre and post-op care, prep surgery rooms, and lab work. Basically my job is kick ass. I'm really enjoying the work and gaining some different experience, plus my boss works alongside me and not over me so I don't feel unimportant or like slave labor.

Due to this super awesome job and being exposed to amazing people and resources I might end up with a two year old border collie pup. He-Sam is his name-actually belongs to my boss, but is in need of a new home. He was raised as a working dog and my boss would like to get him back to doing that. My boss and I are going to train him to be a working dog and if things work out then he could probably work out at my place giving him a new home. I hope this opportunity works so that Sam doesn't end up with some stranger cooped up inside. I'm really excited at the thought of having an animal that I can bond with, since (as I have posted previously) farm animals are well cared for by my family but not pets.

Oh and I suffer from insufficient levels of vitamin D, nevermind the fact that I spend part of everyday outside working. Yay doctors prescribing supplements :/ Hopefully it helps with the fatigue. Lately I have been getting 10 hours of sleep on average, some nights more than that, and it never feels like it is enough. My activity level hasn't drastically changed so hopefully the supplement helps.

More later.

Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment