Labels

Adventures (1) Farm Life (8) Food (3) Literature (2) Music (1) Politics (3) Ramblings (10) who i am (9)

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Frank

Let's be Frank here.

Snoozed the alarm for almost an hour. Finally rolled out of bed and into a very rushed but successful morning routine. Had a super amazing piece of chocolate cake for breakfast. Yeah I know, not very healthy but it was so damn good. Made a 5 pint bottle for the bull calf, supplied his breakfast.

My darling older sister is helping out even more than she normally does and is going to help me out with feeding when I work in the mornings so I don't have to be at five, so morning chores were quick. Then Aunt Flow arrived. Whatever I made I'll make it through, right? I do every month.

Arrive to work at 8:01, slap on my boots and I'm ready to work. Say hello to the dogs. Boss and I talked yesterday and I thought I would be filling the post-op stalls with shavings. Not today friends, I got prep a surgery room. Pretty cool actually and I get to wear those little blue bootie things and everything. It's great. Half way through setting up my uterus decides to contract painfully, any woman knows this is not fun.

And to make things even more interesting I get to watch a surgery for the first time, somewhat gut-wrenching but not too bad. Although it is when your uterus is cramping like holey hell. I made it through though, no throwing up but I wanted to.

Watching the surgery was weird. First I got all hot and uncomfortable so I took my coat off, then I start freezing my butt off. Then my actual stomach starts cramping above the uteran cramps, so not fair. I made it ok, but when I got out I just felt sick.

I talked to some of the other people present and they assured me that I'd be okay, it's something you get acclimatized to in time. That made me feel a bit better. I'm okay now. I guess I just get nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment