Labels

Adventures (1) Farm Life (8) Food (3) Literature (2) Music (1) Politics (3) Ramblings (10) who i am (9)

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Luck?

I don't believe in luck. You have to make your own. I know that sounds stupid and cheesey but it's true. Bad things happen to good people everyday and the only way it changes is if they themselves change and adapt. It's how my family survives.

Speaking of changes, I'm already wanting to move on to next term. I am so excited to see what my schedule turns out. Here's what I'm hoping for:
  • yoga in the mornings(1 cred.)
  • Reproduction in cattle intro course(4credits)
  • Repro lab(2 credits)
  • Biology 213 with lab(4 credits)
  • Health class(2 credits)
Lots of science with labs-this is good! I learn best with labs and the ANS labs here at OSU are effing phenomenal. When I was talking to my advisor about repro, she said I will think of nothing but repro next term. That's kind of exciting!! It's the series of courses that I have been waiting to take for about a year now, and 100% applicable to my own life. Maybe there is a sign of hope in all of last week's bad news.

And to top off the cake my advisor might just be able to hook me up with a part time job during the term and potentially full time job working with someone she knows. She sent out an email to quite a few people but told me to think about it and she'd something up if I were interested. Chyes, of course I'm interested. My current economic situation demands that I get a job, while my college career says that I need to get more socially active in the Department of Animal Sciences. Something that satisfies both requirements is ideal and this just might...however it had to do with research and rams..

I don't know shit about rams, but pre-vet is not required so I'm game and am really looking forward to expanding my options(and Resume).

Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment