Labels

Adventures (1) Farm Life (8) Food (3) Literature (2) Music (1) Politics (3) Ramblings (10) who i am (9)

Monday, January 11, 2010

The coolest thing ever

My birthday was last Thursday which was pretty cool. I really enjoyed being home, and my Dad came over :) We made the best dinner ever. We had rice and lamb kabobs, but it wasn't any plain old rice. It was made with mango, onions, celery, pine nuts, and an infusion of spices that only my mom could create.

I finally finished watching Julie & Julia even though it took three attempts. I really enjoyed it, such a cute story and a great blog idea. Too bad I can't do it now :/ That's ok. For now I will just Gurgle Burble on aimlessly. My favorite part about the movie was watching how many different ways you can prepare food. Spectacular.

I have a secret that I am going to share. When I get to be 40 or 50, I want to become something that has to do with food-assuming I get fit. I absolutely love food; the different textures, colors, and flavors. I wish you could see how amazing of a cook my mom is. She really is the best; mixing different flavors and cultures together resulting in one good meal after the next. She is why I want to do it; my mom taught me how to cook and I couldn't be happier. There is nothing more fulfilling than sitting down with the ones you love to enjoy a hard earned meal.

I really feel that you can taste the effort you put into it. So someday I will become a cook, food critic, or the owner of a small restaurant.

Anyways so on my birthday Bee got me the coolest thing ever; a Tea-Zer Tea Tumbler! It's the perfect solution to having good quality loose leaf tea on the go! Being a college student I either have to take my now lost thermos which is so large and bulky and difficult to get into it. The Tea-Zer Tea Tumbler keeps my tea hot enough to keep my warm without burning myself and without having to wait 2 hours for it to cool down. I am in love with this thing.

-Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment