Labels

Adventures (1) Farm Life (8) Food (3) Literature (2) Music (1) Politics (3) Ramblings (10) who i am (9)

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Yesterday

was good. Woke up, fed the cows. Got Bing Crosby to nurse off his mother a little bit more so we're almost certain that we will no longer have to bottle feed him. Thank you Bee :) His help is very much appreciated, because let's face it I can be a bit of a wimp at times. Yeah I love farming, but when you're standing next to a 3/4 ton cow, holding her calf, and putting your body next to her udders where it doesn't belong I can't help but think about getting kicked. Anyways he latched on yesterday morning-progress! Then last night after we took hay to everyone he was nursing all on his own, no help needed. Same thing this morning, yay!

School was decent, although I couldn't help but fall asleep during Biology lecture. I felt a little bad since I normally don't sleep through classes, but I was just so tired. Which reminds me that I need to print off those lecture notes. Then I took a nap in the MU and studied a smidgen. Public Speaking is turning out to be a good course. I listened to 7 speeches from my peers and have to listen to another 13 the next two classes. Mine is due Friday. I'm supposed to address the campus wide budget cuts while specifically focusing on what will happen to transportation on/near campus. It should turn out fine I just need to write it out and look a little bit of information to reference.

Biology midterm is Monday night, Geography of the Non-Western World midterm is Tuesday in class. I can manage. I know I can. Btw I am starving. Gonna head to the gym here soon, just waiting.

For dinner last night I made breakfast! And it was damn good. Nothing is better than a meal made entirely from scratch. Home-made griddle cakes with blueberries inside came from my mom's old cookbook; I tested the recipe on Sunday for breakfast. I had my sister make some sausage patties from ground sausage, and I fried up some bacon. The coolest part was that the meat came from last springs pigs, and the eggs for the better came from our free-range chickens. I really enjoy making meals with the food that we have been able to provide for ourselves. It truly is rewarding.

Speaking of food, Trish picked up the beef from the butcher yesterday. Half was sold, and we split the other half with the fam. The unfortunate part is that the butcher is very old school in their basic cuts of meat. If you don't ask for brisket or london broil as a specialty item-2 great cuts of meat-then it is ground and you end up with 150 lbs of ground beef :/

-Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment