Labels

Adventures (1) Farm Life (8) Food (3) Literature (2) Music (1) Politics (3) Ramblings (10) who i am (9)

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thank you!

Today is my birthday. I woke up and feel no older, but then realize I am too years closer to being able to support my sister on Kariokee night...how do you spell kariokee again? That would be fun.

I logged on to my facebook and was surprised by all the 'happy birthday's, especially since I got so few last year. And I'm pretty sure it's not that I gained many new friends this year, quite frankly I have been terribly busy and unable to keep with those that are around. Nope it was the old faithfuls, friends from elementary and middle school, and some new.

I must admit that I really do miss those days. The ones where all you want to do is slam your door shut, lay on your bed, and listen to music for hours without a care in the world. Unfortunately I don't get that often enough anymore, being an adult calls for responsibility so I can't let hours just fly by while I do nothing. Mostly I miss the people and the innocence.

In contrast I love all the new music I have discovered, amazing outdoor adventures, and the warm hearted people I have met over the last few years.

So thank you, for making me appreciate the past and present.


No comments:

Post a Comment